Faculties & Departments in Izhevsk
The total faculties & departments in Izhevsk State Medical Academy are organized in 4 main faculties i.e. faculty of General Medicine, Pediatrics, Dentistry and Post-graduate & Professional training; and 52 departments for managing education in these faculties. The faculty of general medicine is the one that receives most number of applications every year from India for MBBS in English medium. The academic staff of Izhevsk regularly participates in international conferences and symposia. Practical courses are taught at the best city hospitals and out-patient clinics which enables us to apply the most advanced teaching methods. Students devote most of their time to theoretical subjects which are taught in university during the first 3 years of their course. While the last 3 years of MBBS course are completely dedicated to acquiring clinical and practical skills. Most of the classes during this period are conducted in hospitals located within the city.
Faculties in Izhevsk State Medical Academy
- General Medicine : Students master three main specialties viz. therapy, surgery and obstetrics & gynaecology.
- Pediatrics : It has two main specializations: Paediatrics and Paediatric Surgery.
- Dentistry : Students are trained in conservative, restorative, operative, prosthetic, paediatric dentistry and maxillofacial surgery.
- Post-graduate & Professional Training : More than 50-60 advanced training and retraining courses are annually held in different subjects at the department.
Departments in Izhevsk State Medical Academy
For providing quality education to foreign students in above mentioned faculties, 28 out of the total 52 departments fully coordinate with international students including those from India. These departments are as mentioned below :
- Department of Philosophy & Humanities
- Department of Foreign Languages
- Department of Medical Biophysics, Informatics & Economics
- Department of Medical Biology
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Pedagogics, Psychology and Psychosomatic Medicine
- Department of Physical Education
- Department of Histology, Embryology & Cytology
- Department of Human Anatomy
- Department of Forensic Medicine
- Department of Public Health & Healthcare
- Department of Propaedeutics of Internal Diseases & Nursing
- Department of General Surgery